Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Leavin…on a jet plane -

    It's 1:19 PM EST, July 1st 2008 and I'm sitting in Cleveland's Airport Terminal B3. In 20 minutes I will board a plane that will take me west to Chicago, and then another to Dusseldorf and finally another to Berlin, Germany. I must preface these posts and their ensuing tales of adventure by saying now that I have never left the United States before – although it's something I have always wanted to do. I can't afford to go on this trip. Conversely, I fell that I cannot afford not to. I am 25 years old. By now (so they say), I should have accomplished all that I could have worthy of any level of genius. I have accomplished nothing. This journey is a validation of my recognition of that fact and also a firm protest against it. I am doing something now before it's too late. I don't want to be 40 years old sitting on my ass watching Survivor: Polar Ice Caps and thinking to myself "fuck, I really should have done more when I was younger." This is me doing something – big. And to be honest, I am searching for something in Germany. I know it's cliche, but I'm looking for myself…if that makes any sense.

Auf Wiedersehen….