Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mondpalast




July 3, 2008 10:32 +1 GMT

    What a very, very long day. I spent most of this morning sitting at a little restaurant in Altstadt (the older part of Dresden) just reading and watching movies and such. I didn't have the energy to move, no joke. My back is sore, my shoulders are sore, and my bag weighs way too much. If you ever decide to bring your laptop with you on vacation – make sure it isn't a Dell. Thing ways over 6 lbs. Doesn't sound like a lot, but, combined with everything else I've got stowed, I'm guessing my pack ways close to 30. That's a lot to drag around Europe – I'm just a little guy after all. I found a nice little bench in the shade afterwards and took an hour long nap or so, then geared up and followed some tourists around so that I could get some photos. That didn't last very long as I get bored very easily so – I did a quick search for some Hostels and found many in Neustadt. I quickly hopped on a Tram and headed north. At this point I wasn't sure if I was going to get in touch with Elaine today, so I decided to just get a room and get some sleep so that I could feel normal again. A shower sounded like a good idea as well. So yea, Mondpalast is an awesome little contemporary hostel in the heart of Neustadt – lots of bars and clubs around. I was going to try to just get the cheapest bed available, but got stuck shelling out 30 some Euro's for a single room with a shower. Worth every fucking penny. Place is VERY nice – my room even has a big Sagittarius painting on the wall – fitting. But the shower, that's all I cared about. The shower was/is heavenly. I washed up and passed out on the bed around 5 o'clock. When I woke I checked my email and here Elaine had sent me a msg – so I called her up and as of now we're trying to meet up tonight to go grab some drinks. Apparently she was filming a piece today where she was going to float down the river? Fuckin aye right she is.

    It rained today. Just stopped actually. We needed it badly, the heat was out of control today – well into the 90's. I'm just afraid that now the humidity is going to be unbearable. I guess we'll see. All I want now is a tall cold Beck's and some friendly conversation with another American. Mmmm, more sleep sounds good too. I suppose there's time for it all…..