Saturday, July 5, 2008

Elaine’s Lecture




Gonna keep this one short. Yesterday I met up with Elaine at Seiben Stadt (the art studio where she is staying/working). We hung out for a bit and talked, but it was still early and she needed to prepare for her talk, so I took off to explore. Walked around WITHOUT MY BACKPACK for the first time. Thank god. I think I bicycle is the next step. Anyway, had a lot of fun, covered a lot of ground. Went to a few Galleries and Museums. Decided I would like to make some art while I'm here. I'm tossing around an idea for a movie since Elaine has access to a video camera here. Who know – I might actually get a short film out of this trip as well. Tried to find fireworks for the 4th of July so all of the Germans could play with Sparklers, but everything here closes up at 9pm…and I got to the stores at 9:05. Now I know. Elaine did a great job with her talk – everyone was very interested in her work. We all had a great time, accompanied by good beers and hamburgers. OK. I think that's it. Tomorrow we're going into the mountains for some hiking. Must be up early at 10 am, one of the guys involved with the studio (Jean, a printmaker) is taking us for a tour of the city. I'm excited.