Sunday, July 6, 2008

Filming and whatnot.

From Germany Photos


So on Monday I spent most of the day walking around Dresden with a video camera. From the way I was filming (on a tripod, doing lots of time-lapse shots) I was asked more than once if I was a student or film-maker. I REALLY wish I could communicate better with these people. I'm doing well though. One of the artists here at 7th floor told me that when I speak German that I have absolutely no accent...which she said is VERY uncommon but great! I'm fairly certain it has something to do with my constant habit of imitating people. So yea. Got a few hours of film cranked out...and then went to the Kunst Haus (the gallery downtown that is affiliated with the Academy here) for a lecture by two other visiting resident artists from Palestine and Egypt. Had a few beers, enjoyed the talk - went out after with Peter and Elaine to get a Doner Kabob (the gyro type food that is possibly the best thing you have ever put in your mouth........don't be dirty now =) and then to some clubs in Neudstadt. We stopped by this one club where you pay 1 euro to get in, and then they put on theatrical performances throughout the day. I believe there are something like 20 shows a day, and you just pay to see the ones you want. Most are in German but some are in English as well. Anyways, we got there too late. All of the shows were over. So we went dancing instead. We ended up at the dirtiest club in all of Dresden and had a blast. Once again I will say...Germans...CANNOT dance. It's horrible. Laughable even. No wonder they love Hasselhoff. They have no sense of rythm. It's essentially like hooking up 1000 volts to an entire country. Their bodies convulse in such strange, strange ways. But I digress. We drank too much and walked home. Then at 4:00 in the morning I got the great idea to walk down to the Elbe river with Elaine and watch the sun rise. Fantastic idea. She passed out in the grass and I stayed up, drank a beer, and photographed/video taped the sun. Such a good idea. After that, came back and crashed...at 6 something in the morning.